Question Unanswered: Need help creatings a DB

I'm still a newbie at Access 2007...meaning I can build simple queries, tables, not that great at form design, append queries (somewhat), and basic reports.

Currently I'm building a database for my job which will consist of employee names, undergrad school, undergrad degree, undergrad year, graduate school, graduate degree, graduate year, and a list of skills: ms access, ms word, ms excel, etc.

I have the db built somewhat, but it could definitely look better as far as asthetics. Also having issues building the macros and/or code for the buttons. The main screen will display the employee's info selected from a combo box i.e. school, degree, skills, etc. I want one button to edit the employee info and another to add. I have a form to edit employee info but not a form to add a new employee.

I also have a form listing the skills to be selected for an employee either new or being edited. Having issues connecting this to the employee, although i have an append query built but still doesn't seem to work.

I'd appreciate some help with this and let me know if you need further information.

It's difficult to help with this kind of problem, as there's not really a specific question being asked.

It does however sound like you're struggling to input the level of detail and design that you desire, so I would suggest reading and working through the lessons here: Microsoft Access Database Development

They're well written, don't go on forever, and also work as an invaluable reference for syntax's.

I imagine you could read through them all in about a day (understanding as you go), I wouldn't expect you to grasp it all in that day, but hopefully they'll give you ideas about how you can implement whatever kind of setup you want.

Hope it goes well for you!

Talking Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kez1304 View Post
    It's difficult to help with this kind of problem, as there's not really a specific question being asked.

It does however sound like you're struggling to input the level of detail and design that you desire, so I would suggest reading and working through the lessons here: Microsoft Access Database Development

They're well written, don't go on forever, and also work as an invaluable reference for syntax's.

I imagine you could read through them all in about a day (understanding as you go), I wouldn't expect you to grasp it all in that day, but hopefully they'll give you ideas about how you can implement whatever kind of setup you want.

Hope it goes well for you!

I'll read through the link you sent...from a quick glance it seems to be a great learning tool. I know my request was vague, and I didn't have time to send any screenshots for what I've built thus far. I just needed some info to help me get over a few hurdles as far as adding actions to buttons, append queries, and linking forms (i.e. subforms, etc). I appreciate you taking the time to respond.