Question Unanswered: In need of some assistance with Access DB

Iíve got most of the database built but still having issues with saving data thatís either entered or edited. This is an employee DB which stores names, undergrad school, undergrad degree, grad year (same for graduate), and a list of skills to add for each employee based on their resume. Iíve created 3 different forms: to display employees already entered, to edit employee information, and a list of skills form.

This list of skills doesnít seem to save to the employee its attached to given I've included a drop down linked to a contacts table. Also, Iím trying to figure out if I should create another form for the add new employee. My co worker who is more knowledgeable of Access than I am has been helping me but heís on vacation for another week and I need to get this DB done. I could use help on this if anyone has the time to look over the DB and answer any questions I may have. It would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what additional information you need or screenshots for a better understanding of whats been add to the DB thusfar.

Provided Answers: 14
    You can use the same form for adding employees as the one you use for editing data of the existing ones, it's just a parameter when you open the form that needs to be changed:
    Code:
        '
        ' Open a form for editing existing records.
        '
        DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", , , , acFormEdit
        '
        ' Open a form for adding new records.
        '
        DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", , , , acFormAdd
    You can also act on several properties of the form: DataEntry, AllowAdditions, AllowEdits. See Access help for details.
    Have a nice day!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    You can use the same form for adding employees as the one you use for editing data of the existing ones, it's just a parameter when you open the form that needs to be changed:
    Code:
        '
        ' Open a form for editing existing records.
        '
        DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", , , , acFormEdit
        '
        ' Open a form for adding new records.
        '
        DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", , , , acFormAdd
    You can also act on several properties of the form: DataEntry, AllowAdditions, AllowEdits. See Access help for details.
    Thanks, this helps with one of the issues I'm having. I appreciate the reply.

Provided Answers: 14
    You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!