Talking Unanswered: Access Forms Design Examples

Does anyone have any access 07 forms to share so I can get some ideas of how to organize a DB I'm working on. Basically just need some design examples. I'd really appreciate

Provided Answers: 14
    Forms for doing what? There are hundreds if not thousands possibilities. Begin by explaining your requirements, we'll probably be able to help you from there.
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    Forms for doing what? There are hundreds if not thousands possibilities. Begin by explaining your requirements, we'll probably be able to help you from there.
    For entering employee info such as name, schools, degrees, and skills.

You should first define the database structure: Tables, relationships... The form comes next as it is the interface between such a structure and the user. You cannot use a form for data input if you have no table to store it.

Depending on how simple or complex the database is you can use a simple bound form (as those created by the Forms wizard of Access) or you'll need to develop more elaborated interfaces. The development of complex solutions usually requires good VBA skills too.
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 59
    if you want to look at a design stylistic for forms & reports, then you cant go far wroing with the North Wind trader db
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thank you both.

You're welcome! Don't hesitate to come back later on if you have any more question.
    Have a nice day!

Some additional assistance please

Northwind is a great example, but given my very limited skills in Access 2007 and the fact that the DB I'm building will only store limited data, it didn't help a whole lot. I've attached screenshots to what I have thus far. Maybe some suggestions will help me with the design. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails form edit.JPG   form main.bmp   skills form.bmp  
    Last edited by ctown; 08-02-11 at 12:18. Reason: adding images