Question Unanswered: Name Field showing #Name?

I'm trying to figure out why I can't get the name to display on one of my forms which will be used to edit an individuals details. I have a button on the Main form which searches for the individuals information, and when its displayed, the button directs the user to an edit form. The individuals key number is shown, but the name field shows "#Name?" instead of the persons name I selected.
    On the main page I have it set up to where there's a combo box and its displays "last name, first name", so I'm not sure if this is conflicting with the field on the edit page.

If you need any additional info just let me k now. Any help with this is much appreciated. Thanks.

It sounds like the control source of your name field isn't pointing correctly at the field within your table.

Check 2 things;

that the control source of the text box says [Name] ' assuming this is the name of the field in your table
    &
    that the record source of your form actually includes the Name field in it's results.

Quote Originally Posted by christyxo View Post
    It sounds like the control source of your name field isn't pointing correctly at the field within your table.

Check 2 things;

that the control source of the text box says [Name] ' assuming this is the name of the field in your table
    &
    that the record source of your form actually includes the Name field in it's results.
    I see the record source doesn't have the name field in its results. The table its using has the key id for the name field, given that its connected to another table that has a list of all the names.

If I include the name field in the table, will this display it on the form? Also if I add the name field, will it affect the way the data is saved or how the tables are set up?

This explains '#Name?'... It's looking for a field that you haven't made avaliable to it.

You don't need to include it on the form. If you were using the wizard to set the form up, it might add the field and label for name but you could just remove it from the form.

It won't have any impact on your save or tables so long as someone doesn't change the data in that field - but this won't happen if you aren't actually including the field on your form.

Quote Originally Posted by christyxo View Post
    This explains '#Name?'... It's looking for a field that you haven't made avaliable to it.

You don't need to include it on the form. If you were using the wizard to set the form up, it might add the field and label for name but you could just remove it from the form.

It won't have any impact on your save or tables so long as someone doesn't change the data in that field - but this won't happen if you aren't actually including the field on your form.
    I have the name field included on the Main form which looks up the individual. I would like it to show the name when pulling it up on the edit form as well. I'll add the name field to the record source for the edit form and see what happens.