Unanswered: [DTS] Changing field size when exporting to text file
Good day all.
It's been YEARS since I last touched a DTS package and it shows.
I am trying to modify the structure of an output to a text file. As fas as I can remember, when the output structure was different from the source's you proceeded as such :
1. Access the DESTINATION tab of the Transformation Task;
2. Click DEFINE COLUMNS;
3. Click POPULATE FROM SOURCE;
4. Set unwanted columns to IGNORE;
5. Modify wanted columns names as desired;
6. Modify wanted columns sizes as desired;
7. Click EXECUTE;
8. Adjust transformations as needed;
9. Bask in happiness.
The thing is that I cannot seem to be able to change anything in the SIZE column. I tried double-clicking the values, pressing DELETE, BACKSPACE... Nothing works.
I managed to add my new column by going into disconnected edit and editing the text destination connection properties but this is most definately not how I remember doing this.
Anyone has any clue on what I am doing wrong?
NOTE : My DTS package is not stored on the server but in a stand-alone *.DTS file.