Unanswered: Table Size estimation

Hi ,

I have collected the record count for some of our major transaction tables for one week . Can you please let us know to estimate the table size growth based on the record count available.

Informix Version: 10.5

TABLE A:

22-Jul-2011 23-Jul-2011 24-Jul-2011 25-Jul-2011
    1434748 1307216 1095170 1053754

Based on this how to determine table size and its approximate growth (for eg: 30 % increase)?

Lisboa, Portugal

Why donīt you put those values into a table and do a program which can make those calculations? And besides i think the table is decreasing, am i right?

As you said the record count is decreasing . Whatever i have mentioned in question is the table count. I saw a formula to calculate the size based on the number of rows (i.e count).

Size in MB = (nrows*rowsize)/(1024*1024)

Can you please let me know if this is the right approach to calculate the table size in MB? From the value that is obtained can i multiply it by 30 %?

North America
    I use the oncheck command line utility to perform this task on an adhoc basis, otherwise I use a spreadsheet approach as Luis Santos suggests.

oncheck -pt <db_name>:<db_owner>.<table_name>

oncheck -pt production:sysadm.employees | pg <cr>

multiply "number of pages used" by your page size (AIX is 4k) to determine the approx size of the table in MB
    Last edited by mjldba; 08-02-11 at 14:11.