Thread: Auto Start?

Unanswered: Auto Start?

I have a database i would like to display a particular form automatically when the database is opened.

What option is there that will open the form once the database is opened or how can i implement this?

Within Access 2010 (It's similar for the other verions but I can't remember the route)...

Open your database.
    Go to the file tab of the Ribbon.
    Go to Options.
    Go to Current Database.
    Change the drop down box for 'Display Form' to the Form that you want to show on opening the database.

For Access 2007, copied from the Web:

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button (upper left corner)
    2. Click the Access Options button in the bottom right corner of the menu that appears
    3. Click the Current Database category on the left side of the Access Options dialog box
    4. Under Application Options section look for the option called "Display Form." Select your form name from the combo box

Provided Answers: 19
    In pre-2008 go to Tools - Startup and use the dropdown box to set Display Form/Page to the form in question.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

One more...

this was on office.microsoft.support for office 2003 and earlier;

1.On the Tools menu, click Startup.
    2.In the Display Form/Page box, click a form or data access page from the current Microsoft Access file

Provided Answers: 14
    You can create an Autoexec macro that will open the form or you can change the properties of the database and create a property that set a form as startup form
    Code:
        Dim dbs As DAO.Database
        Dim prp As DAO.Property

Set dbs = CurrentDb
        Set prp = dbs.CreateProperty(PropertyName, dbText, "MyForm")
        dbs.Properties.Append prp
        Set prp = Nothing
        Set dbs = Nothing
    In Access 2003 you can also create this property from the Database Menu (Tools --> StartUp --> Display Form/Page). I don't remember where it is hidden in the inept Ribbon system of Acc. 2007/2010 but it must be there, somewhere.
    Have a nice day!

Smile

Thanks alot, i probly should have mentioned i was using office 2007...woulda saved u some time i suppose