Unanswered: Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

Hi,

I keep running this access DB and it keeps giving me the Run-time error '13': Type mismatch error at this point:

Code:
    rtn = RunQuery("SELECT Value FROM DB_Param WHERE Name = 'ISS_Cpty_Summary'", dummyparam)
        ISS_Cpty_Summary = rtn(0, 0)

rtn = RunQuery("SELECT Value FROM DB_Param WHERE Name = 'ISS_ACAI_Summary'", dummyparam)
        ISS_ACAI_Summary = rtn(0, 0)
    I've tried everything... I'm not sure what else to do. HELP!!

Provided Answers: 14
    What's RunQuery? From which library does it come?
    Have a nice day!

hey Sinndho, I'm not sure where it's coming from. I didn't write this code, and I have little to no background in Access. I'm just trying to debug it. I can send you the code if you'd like.

Please do so. However I'm afraid you're using a method (RunQuery) of an object that is not part of the standard libraries of Access. There are other possibilities to get the same result, though. I guess that the purpose of this code is to execute a SQL statement ( two actually) and retrieve a value from the returned data set. I'd like to see the code, or at least a little more of it before going any further. If I'm right, it should not be too hard to translate it into something more standard.

You can already try this:
    Code:
    '
    ' If rtn is not already declared, declare it.
    '
    Dim rtn As Variant
    '
    ' If the query addresses the current database (not a pass-through query)
    ' this should work with a Recordset.
    '
    Dim rst As DAO.RecordSet
    '
    ' Let's try:
    '
    Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordSet("SELECT Value FROM DB_Param WHERE Name = 'ISS_Cpty_Summary'", dbOpenSnapshot)
    If Not rst.EOF Then 
        rtn = rst.GetRows
        ISS_Cpty_Summary = rtn(0, 0)

Else
        ' No values returned.
    End If
    rst.Close
    Set rst = Nothing
    The same should work with the second query. If this does not work, we'll need to build a function that will emulate the RunQuery function or method from the original code.

Please could you also check whether there is an object (Table or Query) named DB_Param in the database?
    Have a nice day!

Hey Sinndho, I was actually able to debug it. Those two queries were not defined in the DB_Param table, which is actually a static spreadsheet.

Thanks for your help on this.

You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!