Thread: Textbox input

Unanswered: Textbox input

SINCE MY QUESTION WOULD NOT BE ANSWERED LAST TIMEEEEE!!!!!!

How do you get a textbox to ask you for input when you open a report, and then display it in the textbox?

WHY IS IT SO HARD?!?!?!!?

Provided Answers: 14
    Because you don't know what you want (or don't know how to clearly explain it) and/or blindly refuse to try the solutions that were formerly provided in answer to your question.

Moreover, you're not very polite:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromatic View Post
    Useless ppl on this forum
    Using derogative terms to qualify people here that spent some of their free time trying to help you won't help.
    Have a nice day!

What is the query behind your report?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    Because you don't know what you want (or don't know how to clearly explain it) and/or blindly refuse to try the solutions that were formerly provided in answer to your question.

Using derogative terms to qualify people here that spent some of their free time trying to help you won't help.
    I just dont understand how I can POSSIBLY explain this better? This isnt rocket science, there is NOTHING hard about what I am asking, anyone with a decent amount of experience unlike me in Access could figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by christyxo View Post
    What is the query behind your report?
    It shouldnt matter as its irrelevant to a textbox. Basically its a query which operates through this:

[Please enter the first and last name of the Project Owner to view associated project summaries (space separated)]

which asks for input because the query is included in the report. I want a textbox to do EXACTLY that and then display what I've written into the textbox.

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post

good point, well made
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

You'd create a textbox, called textbox1.

Then, depending how you wanted whatever is typed into textbox1 to be displayed,you would refer it to textbox1's value.

So, in VBA you would type something like:

Code:
    me.label1.caption = me.textbox1.value
    Which would set a label, label1, to whatever has been written in the textbox, textbox1.

Your original question states:

How do you get a textbox to ask you for input when you open a report, and then display it in the textbox?
    Which doesn't make much sense, as if you're writing in a textbox, then the text the user is inputting will already be shown, so you can read it...
    Looking for the perfect beer...

Quote Originally Posted by kez1304 View Post
    You'd create a textbox, called textbox1.

Then, depending how you wanted whatever is typed into textbox1 to be displayed,you would refer it to textbox1's value.

So, in VBA you would type something like:

Code:
    me.label1.caption = me.textbox1.value
    Which would set a label, label1, to whatever has been written in the textbox, textbox1.

Your original question states:

Which doesn't make much sense, as if you're writing in a textbox, then the text the user is inputting will already be shown, so you can read it...
    Good start, it makes perfect sense however. You open a report. It prompts you for input. follow so far?

Then whatever you type in the input (inputbox), it is shown in the textbox.

Thats all

Provided Answers: 7
    In the where part of the SQL [Qusetion ??]. I always put ?? so I know I'm asking the question
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by myle View Post
    In the where part of the SQL [Qusetion ??]. I always put ?? so I know I'm asking the question
    I GIVE UP. Screw you guys, IM GOING HOME! lol

In all seriousness though thanks for your time and help, if only it had worked out