Unanswered: How to show entries on a report even if they do not exist

I am working with Access 2003 working on a training database. When I create a report I need it to show 7-8 different categories for each name in the database. The problem I am having is that it will only show the person's name if they have entries in all the tables listed. IE if they I am showing a report for 8 categories and some people only have entries in categories 1 3 5 or 3 6 7, etc I still want them to show up on the report, just with a blank in the category that they do not have an entry in. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks In Advance

Could you not modify your query using expressions rather than the category itself?

if isnull([category]) display "#empty" else display [category]

I was not using a query to create the report , just a table. If i were to create a query how would that work for this? I have one table of names and a unique number for each person, and then each other table has the corresponding number identifiers in the name slot and a one-to-many relationship between the id# and the name. So how would the query work to show all the names on the names table and the corresponding dates, or lack there of on the query? Note: it is not that the names of each person are on each sheet and the entry left blank, they are not on the table at all.

It's a Friday afternoon and my brain is blown... any chance that you could upload your DB to get a clearl look at it?

I work for a military contractor so that's a no...Sorry Let me see if i can explain it better: lets say we have tables 1 2 3 4 5 and personnel named Jack and Peter.
    Table 1 assigns an ID# to each name so Peter and Jack are both on table 1
    Peter has trainings 3 5
    Jack has trainings 4 5
    This means that Peter's ID number appears on sheets 3 and 5 and NOT on tables 2 and 4, and Jacks ID number appears on sheets 4 and 5 and NOT on tables 2 and 3. I want the report to read:
    1..........2..........3..............4............ ..5
    Peter..........9/10/2012...................9/12/2012
    Jack..........................9/15/2012....9/12/2012

The dates above are just examples of data present in the table, and the periods are just for formatting purposes on this forum.. The way it shows up now is that the report is totally blank because Peter and Jack are not on all the tables. Hope this helps alievate some confusion.

Provided Answers: 14
    Can you post the query that is used as the RecordSource for the report?
    Have a nice day!