Hyperion BPM Systems Analyst - position in Atlanta, GA
Niche Technologists, Inc. is an IT staffing and consulting company delivering services since 1993 to clients throughout the U.S. The company has a strong presence in the Business Intelligence/BPM sector (e.g., Oracle/Hyperion, SAP BW, SAP Business Objects, MS SQL Services, Informatica, etc.).
We currently have a full-time position available with one of our clients in Atlanta, GA for a Hyperion BPM Systems Analyst (Business Performance Management).
This position offers exposure to and experience with the full range of Hyperion products: Essbase, Planning, Financial Reporting, Web Analysis, and from maintenance to development of all aspects of these tools and the back-end tools that support them.
The starting base salary is competitive plus bonus with a comprehensive benefits program, stable employer, and relocation for the qualified applicant. Note that visa transfers or sponsorships are not currently available.
Experience required -
• 2+ years of current Hyperion Essbase database development experience with version 9+
• Experience with all aspects of Essbase development, and maintenance including calc scripts (write/maintain/enhance), load rules, report scripts, Application Manager, database tuning and optimization, configuration settings, dense/sparse outline configuration, EssCmd, MaxL and MaxL scripting, batch scripting, automation, backup/recovery, system monitoring, security filters, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, computer science or related area, or equivalent through a combination of education and work experience
• Development experience with Oracle Answers Plus (preferred)
• Development experience with Oracle BI Server (preferred)
• 1+ years creating SQL based queries against Oracle and SQL Server databases
Knowledge and skills –
• Full working knowledge of MS Excel, Essbase Excel Add-in and SmartView (plus ability to assist users with creating their own retrievals)
• Hyperion Shared Services 9+ -- ability to provision security
• Hyperion Analyzer (Web Analysis) 9+ -- ability to create and maintain views
• Hyperion Reports (financial reporting) 9+ -- ability to create and maintain reports
• Hyperion Planning 9+ -- ability to create and maintain forms, create applications and maintain security
• Oracle BI Server – ability to map data sources (relational, multidimensional, flat files, etc.)
• MS Access
• JAVA scripting, VB scripting
• SQL skills would be a plus but not essential
• Experience writing MS Excel VBA and the Essbase Excel Spreadsheet Tool-Kit API
• Very strong analytic/problem solving skills are a must
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
• Strong team working skills and creativity are also important
• Strong organizational skill and the ability to ‘switch gears’ quickly
• Ability to work under very limited supervision and can ‘hit the ground running’
• Self-motivated person with excellent time management skills
• Ability to learn new skill sets as needed
This position is for someone who really wants to broaden their Hyperion experience and continue to be hands on. It is not a management position and probably would not be of interest to anyone with several years’ hands-on experience who is looking to move into a management role in the near term.