Exclamation Unanswered: Filemaker, autoserial troubleshoot

Hi, I need some help with auto-increment serial number on an invoice database. The database is on the server and being used by users over the network. The database generate a job ID and this increase by 1 whenever a new record is created. the delete record option is disable, but at times the jod ID tend to skip 1, e.g 4012,4013,4014,4016,4017,4018 where the 4015 will be missing.Can anyone advice why this happen, and if there is a way to solve this.

Thanks

I'm by no means an expert with Filemaker, but I had a few questions that might help expand the topic:

1. Did you disable the "delete" option by just hiding the status tool bar? Or did you do it by changing the actual menus.

2. Did you also disable via privilege sets the ability for user(s) to delete said record?

3. Did you check the "Prohibit modification of value during data entry" and/or limit access by not allowing access into the field in browse mode?

On a side note:

Provided all of the above areas are already taken care of and you have no lapse in security... Does the skip in numbers actually matter? Usually with an auto-enter serial number the actual sequence doesn't matter. You could count by 1's, 2's, 5's, etc. without changing the effectiveness of the field. A missing value should not break the solution.

Provided Answers: 59
    Im guessing that as the original question was posted over a year ago that rayhenriette has either got an answer or redesigned his db
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Lol, I didn't look at the post date before I replied. It seems the FileMaker section must not be very active.