Red face Unanswered: Doubt in db2 SQL Replication

Hi,

I wanted to configure SQL Replication my Databases(Source and Target),

It was successful, And i am able to see the data being replicated from one table to another table,

The table created in SourceDB is " RP"

But while replicating the table name was replicated in TARGETDB as " TGRP".

This exercise was done to ensure no user has access to SOURCEDB.

But how can i do that now cos name shown is different as what user is aware.

pl. share you suggestion and help me.

Provided Answers: 11
    you can rename the table or create a view, if that is what you mean.
    if renaming - the subscription tables have to be adapted to reflect the correct subscription members.
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

ok i have made the changes in the subsription to have the correct name and proper table space ,

i have one more doubt, i have started the capture and apply both, so i don need to put that in schedule , cos it will be replicating till the db is up.

correct if i am wrong.

in windows you can create services for capture and apply
    in linux/unix you have to put this in autostart procedure
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

how do i put this in autostart ...

just take the 1 liner and add it to the autostart script ???

I am not a linux-unix expert, but I presume you create a script with start stop option and place it in /etc/init.d as we used todo before with s... k.. scripts. this is only for boot operation. for start-stop after db2stop/start .. create a script in crontab that is in loop and checks if db2 is up and starts capture/apply if not running..