Unanswered: Suspected Problem With Windows 7 Vs Windows XP

Our office has a FE/BE MS Access 2007 Project Tracking database system. Each user has their own copy of the FE database on their C-drive. We are currently going through an upgrade to our operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 7. Whenever a user with a Windows 7 OS opens Project Tracking, no one with a Windows XP OS can open the database without getting the following error message: "Could not use 'Admin'; file already in use". Has anyone else out there experienced this problem? Any help in correcting this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Run the following Command from VBA Debug Window (Immediate Window) or from a Sub-Routine from VBA Module of Window7 (Access2007) and Join the Workstation to the Common Workgroup Information file on Server:

DoCmd[dot]RunCommand acCmdWorkgroupAdministrator

change the [dot] to period (.)

PS: Don't convert the database into Access2007 Version (.accdb) you cannot use the User-Level security.
    www.MsAccessTips.com (Learn MS-Access Tips & Tricks)
    Learn Advanced MS-Access Programming with sample VBA Code.

All responses are based on Access 2003/2007

The database is already in version 2007.

I was wrong in my first post when I said the problem ocurred only when a user with Windows 7 tried accessing the system. I have confirmed that it doesn't matter what OS is being used. The system will only let one user access it at any given time.

In Access2007 goto Office Menu -->Access Options -->Advanced-->Advanced and then check under the Default Open Mode settings. If the check mark is in Exclusive then put the check-mark in Shared.

After the change of this setting, if it was different earlier, try opening the FE database on Access2007 machine first and ask Access2003 users to open it after that to check the behavior of the database now.
    www.MsAccessTips.com (Learn MS-Access Tips & Tricks)
    Learn Advanced MS-Access Programming with sample VBA Code.

All responses are based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 14
    From Access help (Security Considerations and Guidance for Access 2007)
    For Access 2007, the Microsoft development team wanted to make Access easier to use. They decided that the internal security system used in Access since the early 1990s made the software unnecessarily complex. Therefore, they deprecated the internal security system in both the ACCDB file format and the new version of the Access Database Engine that accompanies it. This section describes how to convert a database from an MDB file to the ACCDB format and, if necessary, how to set up security in the MDB file so that the workgroup security allows the conversion.
    Have a nice day!

to apr pillai: All our users are using Access 2007. It doesn't seem to matter whether the setting is Exclusive or Shared. We get the same results.

I recently upgraded my computer from XP to Windows7 and Access 2003 was upgrated to Access 2007. I have recently tried to change our invoices in readiness for next year only to find that although it allows you to make changes in the design format, it doesn't let you save it. Does anyone have any ideas how this can be fixed other than buy another laptop with XP?