Unanswered: Unwanted Sorting issue

Hi

I have a subform within a form into which parts for a job are typed.

While sorting is a wonderful tool, it is one which I do not want for this particular form. The user will often type in parts in a particular order, and is then infuriated when they go back and find that the list has been sorted alphabetically.

I cannot see how to get rid of any such 'sort' as I didn't add one, so I can only guess it's doing it automatically as a default.

Can anyone suggest to me how to get around this, so the parts stay listed in the order they are inputted, and then (yes, I want more), it would be great for that list to be printed out as listed - again, I have put no 'sort' on the report as such, but it still comes out in a peculiar order.

So far it's not been a major problem, but it's one we work round and would prefer to fix.

Additonally, I have other problems on other reports whereby Access seems to 'self-sort'.

Many thanks

Provided Answers: 14
    If you do not explicitly set a sort order, the rows are sorted by the sort order specified in the current index, generally the primary key.

If you want the rows displayed in the order they are entered, add a column to the table that can be an Autonumber (if there is not already one) or a Date/Time value with its Default Value set to Now(). You then set the sorting order on this column, it will provide a chronological order (i.e. the rows will appear in the order they where created into the table).
    Have a nice day!

So simple, yet so effective - genius

many thanks

Provided Answers: 14
    You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!