Question Unanswered: Show image on report preview screen

I use access to print shipping manifests, bills of lading, tracking forms etc. that I generate for shipments by my company. I want to be able to preview a manifest report with a scanned image of the manifest in the background to make sure that everything is lined up before I print. Some of my clients also require I send pdf copies of the shipping documents to them 2-3 days prior to shipment and I want to be able to print directly to PDF with the option to print the image as well as the manifest information. I've tried various times to insert an image of a blank shipping document on a blank report and then start adding the fields but when I save or close it causes the database to freeze and I end up having to force close. Currently I've just been printing the shipping documents and scanning them into pdf files... it becomes time consuming with 20+ shipments a day.

Any suggestions?

Try doing half the document to test if the trouble is with the page size or picture file size. You might also be able to recreate the shipping form by drawing it in Access using boxes and lines.
    John M Reynolds

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I have tried re-sizing, cropping, even different file types and it is still freezing my database. I wouldn't be able to recreate the documents because some are government regulated uniform hazmat manifests that cannot be duplicated. I also print them on carbon paper with a dot matrix printer, this is because we secure a signature upon shipment and delivery and each carbon copy is given to the shipper, the receiver, and us. I wouldn't want to impose on them to sign 3 documents each time they want to ship something.

I'm thinking, it may be my processor which is a borderline archaic dual pentium 2 processor with barely 1GB of RAM. I just ordered a Xeon 3.3 Quad core processor with 8GB RAM.