Thread: Query query

Unanswered: Query query

I am running, well trying to anyway, a query to give me a report on paperwork raised against a required drawing.

The problem I'm having is that the query only picks up on fully completed paperwork, and not those half done.

The example being I ask it to look for paperwork for drawing 12345 - which was completed 2 months ago, so it tells me it was order no 00001 and despatch note 00003.

However, there is another order for the same drawing, which is still in progress, it has an order number but no despatch note will not show.

I need to see in the report that is still to be sent.

How can I do this please?

The query only seems to like all fields being satisfied

Provided Answers: 14
    If you want to find someone that can help, you need to post a useful description of the problem you're facing with information about the data structure you deal with (name of the columns, data type) and the SQL statement composing the query that causes problems.

I seriously doubt that anybody here (but you) knows what paperwork for drawing 12345, order no 00001 or despatch note 00003 can be.

See: http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-ac...ml#post4534485
    Have a nice day!

i hope this helps

Hi, very new to forums but had a bit of access experience. I thought I'd have a go at this one, apologies if it is not the best solution or if it doesnt work...

As I understand, you have a parameter query in your Drawing Number field but it is not returning records with a blank entry in the despatch note field?

try putting

Like "*"

in the criteria of the despatch field in design veiw of your query.

Fingers Crossed!