Unanswered: implement product discount

hi everyone

I am working on a POS (Point Of Sale ) project. The database that i am using for this project is MySQL and programming language is Java

I wanted to implement a discount feature in the application
    example

1 coke (330ml) = 0.69

if the customer bought 3 coke
    actual total == 2.07

but the total price should be = 2.00
    how do i implement in MySQL?

Thank you

Provided Answers: 54
    Is this example intended to be a manually entered arbitrary discount (keyed by the cashier), a flat percentage discount, a loyalty discount, or a quantity discount? Which of those types of discounts do you intend to eventually implement (more kinds of discounts rapidly increases the complexity of the database schema and the code to support those discounts).

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

implement product discount

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    Is this example intended to be a manually entered arbitrary discount (keyed by the cashier), a flat percentage discount, a loyalty discount, or a quantity discount? Which of those types of discounts do you intend to eventually implement (more kinds of discounts rapidly increases the complexity of the database schema and the code to support those discounts).

-PatP
    Quantity Discount

if the customer bought 1 coke price will be 0.69
    even if he/she bought 2 coke the price will be same

but if bought 3 the total should be = 2.00
    meaning each coke will cost 0.66

quantity discount explains it but not enough.

is that the only product sold? if not are all products the same price? it is easier to figure out if you know there is some discount like 2% applied for this reason or 5% applied when another reason is met etc.