Unanswered: What do the integers in 2 fields mean?

Hi,

I am new to Pervasive and wondering why in the database I have there are 2 integer fields. They say Qty_1 and Qty_2 the number in them have some pattern but not the same as in the application.

For example qty seems to be: 129 and 0
    11 = 132 805306368
    12 = 132 1073741824
    64 = 135 0

Anyone have any idea?

Also, I have seen loads of people asking about the Btrieve error 46 when editiing the database through the Pervasive Control Center and just wondering if there was ever a solution found to override this?

Thanks,

Chris,

Provided Answers: 4
    What are you using to look at the two fields?
    It's possible the fields are defined incorrectly and aren't integers or aren't the correct length.

Error 46 means access denied. It could be opened read only, flagged read only in the OS, some other process has the file open (like Antivirus or backup software), or the file is in pre-v6.x format and is being accessed by a v9 or later engine.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

I am using both the PCC to view the fields. Also I am using php to show the database fields and just echo out the results.

The 2 fields seem to combine to make the qty in the IRIS program so just wondered how it was getting those results.

For the access error, is there a way anyone knows of finding out what the program that is opening the file is using as the login?

Provided Answers: 4
    As far as how to get the correct value as IRIS sees it, you should probably contact IRIS to find out how they store the data. In Pervasive, integers are stored as integers. If IRIS isn't storing an integer as an integer, you need to contact IRIS.

I don't know of any specific tools other than process explorer or process monitor and even then, they might not help in your case.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Did you find out how to calculate the real value from these split integers?