Unanswered: Windows 7 and Oracle 10g dev installation problems

hi,

I too have a similar problem. there is a proposal to buy 10 laptops in my office and work in oracle 10g and forms and reports developer 2000 .

there seems to be a view that oracle 10g is not compatible with windows 7 and cannot be installed. is that true?

kindly clarify and can suggest some installation guide to do this. I did try searching in google. there seems to be mixed opinion on this. i am a little bit confused as i am new to working in oracle

Provided Answers: 4
    What version of "Developer 2000" exactly are you talking about? I guess not the genuine D2K, but 6i or 10g or ...?

Anyway: if you choose to run Oracle on any Microsoft Windows OS, it must be (at least) a Professional edition (Oracle is not certified on any Home operating system version). Developer Suite lower than 11g won't work on any Windows 7 version. It will work on MS Windows XP Professional. If you can't purchase it any more, buy Windows 7. Then install Virtual box which uses XP, install Developer Suite onto that virtual box computer and you'll be able to use Forms & Reports.

hi,

i use oracle 10g with forms and reports 9i.

"install Virtual box which uses XP, install Developer Suite onto that virtual box computer and you'll be able to use Forms & Reports. "

could you pl let me know how to do this? sorry i don't have much knowledge about virtual box.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >could you pl let me know how to do this? sorry i don't have much knowledge about virtual box.

Is GOOGLE broken for you?
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Provided Answers: 4
    Everything you need is here. For any questions you might have, there's a forum; many questions are already answered, just search.