Question Unanswered: Database in a website

Hello everyone.
    I've already tried to search the web for the best manner to use a database in a hosted website but did not found anything concrete of relevance.

I developed a website using HTML and CSS and I am planning to connect to a database using classic ASP or .NET C#

My plan is to have a multiple connection base to a database hosted in a website for consultation ONLY. No updates nor adds or deletes.

My question is to know which database system would be the best fit for a website front-end and its requesites. The database will contain at least 3000 records and will not grow. I was also, initially, planning to have 4 distinct databases according to various themes instead of having a full database with all the records but I don't know if this is rather dull or efficient...

I thought about:
    MS Acess (But then, this is most suitable for distribution and local access)
    Microsoft SQL Server (But then I read the database must be attached to a MS SQL Server host and many doesn't use it or allow it)
    XML Database schema (But then I am really not comfortable with it and need to study more about it)

What's the best solution?
    Thanks in advance.

Perhaps not a popular answer, but I'd say none of them. Go for MySQL using the MyISAM engine.
    Ole Kristian Velstadbråten Bangås - Virinco - MSSQL.no - Facebook - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by roac View Post
    Perhaps not a popular answer, but I'd say none of them. Go for MySQL using the MyISAM engine.
    Thank you roac, but I think they turned to the newer InnoDB engine now.

Provided Answers: 4
    MySQL is best if you need a read-only and high throughput database.
    If you care about data integrity and don't want data loss, I'd go for PostgreSQL.
    With kind regards . . . . . SQL Server 2000/2005/2012
    Wim

Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for very large values of 2.
    Pat Phelan's Law: 2 very definitely CAN equal 3 -- in at least two programming languages

Quote Originally Posted by Wim View Post
    MySQL is best if you need a read-only and high throughput database.
    If you care about data integrity and don't want data loss, I'd go for PostgreSQL.
    Thanks Wim. Ok, but do I need some fancy requisites? Do I need to know if the hosting server has a MySQL server?