Unanswered: Combo Box - Autofill - Cant see result in Report

Morning,

I have been battling with this problem for weeks now and simply cannot find a solution.

I am using MS Access 2007

I have a table caled "Policy Information" where all of my data is stored. I have created a combox box to autofill a few text fields using a query called "BC Allocation Query". By choosing from the combox269 field I created then 6 other text fields are automatically completed. I used the function =[Combo269].[column](1) in the control field of the text field I want auto-completed.

This all works great however I cannot seem to relfect the information from the text boxes which are auto-completed to relfect in my Access Reports whcih I have set up.

Please can someone assist me withthis before I jump off a cliff

Richard

Provided Answers: 14
    Can you please explain what you mean with:
    In the control field of the text field I want auto-completed.
    And also:
    the text boxes which are auto-completed to relfect in my Access Reports
    See also: http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-ac...ml#post4534485
    Have a nice day!

Thanks for the quick reply Sinndho

Sorry I meant to say in the control source of the text field.

I have basically used the auto-fill function using a combo box in the form to automatically complete certain text fields. These text fields I have used in a lot of reports and some are used for grouping. When I go into the report to view the text fields are not visible in the report nor is thre any grouping anymore.

I am most probably skipping something to actually link the text fields in the form to the report even though the text fields in the form contain the correct data after the autofill process which is linked to a combo box in the same form. I am sure I need to complete the control source in the text box on the report to reflect this data. The text boxes I use for the autofill on the form were previusly value fields whcih I have now changed to text boxes as I want fields to be aut completed to save capturing time.

I hope this makes sense

Thanks

Richard

Provided Answers: 14
    What you call a text field is (I guess) a TextBox control. Controls belong to an object (Form or Report) and are members of its Controls collection. As far as I can understand, you want to use controls belonging to a form (or their values) into a report. Which syntax do you use to reference the control into the report or into the query that acts as the RecordSource of this report? If you use: Forms!<FormName>.<ControlName>, keep in mind that the form <FormName> must be open.

I still don't understand what you call value fields and the distinction you make between those value fields and text boxes. Do you mean bound and unbound controls?

Can you also explain: "I want fields to be aut completed to save capturing time"? What do you mean with auto completed?
    Have a nice day!

Sorry again. The value I am speaking about is a value list.

All I did is created a query, linked the query to a combo box whcih when a certain code is chosen numerous text box fields are automatically populated and completed.

This all works well but I cannot see the data from these text boxes on the reports I have created.

Looking again I dont even see the result data from the text fields in the main table where I created the combo box and text fields.

Perhaps there is a binding problem and the combo box and text fields being populated arent been written to the table.

I am quite new to all of this so please see if you can educate me

Provided Answers: 7
    In the code have you tried to msgbox it to see if you have the right col

Msgbox(combo269.colUmn(1))

By the that a lot of combo box on o e form lol
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.