We do have an urgent requirement for the following position
Location: Boston, MA
Due Date: 8/30/11
The department of elementary and secondary is seeking a seasoned Oracle DBA to provide additional database support over the next 3-6 months for the migration of an Oracle 10g Data warehouse and several other databases to an Oracle 11gr2 RAC Linux environment.
Skills / Attributes Required
1. Experience with Oracle Grid infrastructure, ASM, RAC running under Linux
2. Experience performing installations of RAC.
3. Experience working with 11gr2.
4. Expertise with Oracle 10/11g, Data Guard
5. At least 5 years of recent Oracle 10G/11G experience in a RAC environment and overall ... 10 years Oracle database experience.
6. Expert at SQL Tuning
7. Significant experience troubleshooting complicated database problems
8. Experience with partitioning and other advanced data warehouse features.
9. Experience working with Grid Control 10g/11g.
10. Knowledge of database replay.
11. Knowledge of Oracle data masking.
12. Excellent communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for troubleshooting performance issues from migrating from 10g to 11gr2. Need to be able to work with Oracle support to resolve bugs.
2. Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases.
3. Work with the team to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
4. Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
5. Responsible for providing trend analysis to the service management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management
6. Responsible for problem escalation to Oracle Development team and third parties as appropriate.
7. Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as submitted by the development team
8. Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.