Lightbulb Unanswered: DB2 table DAILYSTOCKDATA -- Another sample database??

Hi,

I've noticed, on several occasions, that in the DB2 manual there's mention to (and sql examples of) a DAILYSTOCKDATA table as if it's an additional SAMPLE database.

I've grepped thru the ~sqllib/samples dir ond searched google and IBMs doc site but to no avail.

Does anyone know if such a beast exists?

Cheers,
    Marc

Marc,

IBM InfoSphere Warehouse uses different SAMPLE database called GSDB (GO Sales DB).

IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Information Center

I am not sure whether DAILYSTOCKDATA table is part of this database.

Thanks,
    Satheesh

Thanks for that Satheesh,

I installed this db and unfortunately it doesn't contain the DAILYSTOCKDATA table. However, it is much better sample db in terms of data volumes, so I think it'll be of use.

IBM must have a secret DB somewhere as there are examples referred to in the docs: DB2PerfTuneTroubleshoot-db2d3e972.pdf (P232) and DB2SQLRefVol1-db2s1e972.pdf (P280-281) -- Either that, or one heck of an imagination to pull SQL like that out of thin air...

Thanks again!
    Marc

Marc,

I wish the official documents should use sample databases provided with the product. I hope IBM will be revealing the secrecy about the database soon.

Cheers.
    /* SK Chandra */

Quote Originally Posted by skchandra View Post
    Marc,

I wish the official documents should use sample databases provided with the product. I hope IBM will be revealing the secrecy about the database soon.

Cheers.
    It is just one table DAILYSTOCKDATA (not an entire database) that is apparently not in the sample database (but has anyone installed the sample database with the latest fixpack 4 to be sure?).

In looking at the SQL examples where DAILYSTOCKDATA is used, it is a table for stock exchange trading data and is fairly self-explanatory as to what is in it. I assume that the examples needed such a table that doesn't already exist in the sample database to explain certain SQL functionality that could not be explained with the existing tables.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks Marcus,

So the question now is: are there any corresponding CREATE TABLE ... and INSERT INTO ... statements to supplement the examples that reference the DAILYSTOCKDATA and SP500 tables(join referenced in DB2PerfTuneTroubleshoot-db2d3e972.pdf) ?