Unanswered: Schema issue after restore

Hello Experts,

I have a situatuation .

We are currently in SAP ECC 6.0 EHP4, AIX 6.1 and DB2 9.7 . As per the SAP recommendation we have kept our schema id's as sapsid . Recently we did one DB2 restore from our QAS to SBX system .Everything went fine except the schema id change . As per the note 713524 I understand that db2 does not support the schema name change . Currently what I did is created a sapqas in SBX system and changed the environment variable . My question is there any ways we can overcome this and what is the best practice for doing DB restore in DB2 environment .

Appreciate your help .

Regards
    Satish

Provided Answers: 11
    sorry for the answer : no
    there is no procedure to restore a db and change at the same time the schema of objects
    this has to be done with utilities if needed : db2look- export/load..
    but I understand for an sap db with xxxx objects, this is not easy..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

There is an administrative stored procedure to copy all the objects of a schema and to create new schema, and then another one to delete the old schema. I have used it before, but don't recall the name. One of limitations of it is that it does not set the indentiy columns or sequences to the proper next value when the new schema is created.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390