Unanswered: Usage of Null Indicator for Pipe delimited file using DB2 Load Utility

Hi ,

I have a pipe-delimited file which I load using the DB2 Load utility command , and some of the rows do not have values for the respective columns.

I am aware of the Null indicator that can be used in the DB2 Load command , but that applies only for ASCII files.

How can I implement the Null indicator for the pipe delimited files.

The load command that I am using is

LOAD FROM <filename> OF DEL MODIFIED BY COLDEL| REPLACE INTO <TBL_NM> NONRECOVERABLE

Thanks in advance ,
    Vivek
    Last edited by vivek122; 08-22-11 at 15:32.

Provided Answers: 11
    no problem - if column is allowed/created with NULL the load will continue and load a NULL for an empty or not specified column
    you will only get errors if column was created with NOT NULL and not loading this column or loading an empty value
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be