Unanswered: Impact of OS upgrade

Hi,
    We are in a planning phase of upgrading AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1 (not installing AIX6.1 from scratch) which has DB2 installed on it. So few questions regarding the same:
    1. I know in oracle that we have to relink the oracle binaries after OS upgrade. Is there any similar requirement in DB2 also?
    2. Any other precautionary measure to be taken? Please provide your input, like performance degradation on AIX6.1, tuning parameters, etc
    3. The same DB2 binaries will work on AIX 6.1 or will I have to reinstall DB2?

Provided Answers: 1
    As long as your version of DB2 is supported on AIX 6.1, there should be no problem.

I recommend to do a db2iupdt after upgrade of the Operating System

-
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Well I have checked the compatibily Matrix and DB2 V9.1 is comaptible with AIX 6.1.

@Sathyaram,
    Will db2iupdt help in any way because I understand we use it when we migrate/update DB2. In this case, there is no change in DB2, only the OS will be upgraded.
    Can you please share me the link where this is recommended as I am finding nothing on this topic?
    Thanks for your response

Honestly, I dont know if db2iupdt is mandatory and have no reference to any documentation. My simple rule of thumb is - any change at the OS level(patch, upgrade, security system update, tsm update etc) , do an db2iupdt.
    It doesnt take long and provides a peace of mind that the db2 instance has been revalidated in the new environment.

No Problem sathyaram but the thumb rule makes sense. Thanks

I also suggest db2iupdt after upgrading the OS. It's not required, but if db2start fails following the OS upgrade - execute db2iupdt.This will correct permissions/ownerships on db2 binaries in case they get modified during the upgrade.

Also, check the recommended AIX level here:
    https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docv...id=swg21165448