Unanswered: insert into recordset - 2 from Recordset (1) based on three field values

Hi:

I have three recordsets 1,2,3

Recordset 1 has product,region,sate,balance
    Recordset 2 has product,region,state, Rate

Recordset 3 has product,region,state, balance, rate (last two being empty)

Based on product region and state, I have to insert balance from Recordset1 and rate from Recordset 2 into the fields of balance and rate of Recordset3

Is there a simple solution that I can use to effect this? I have gotten myself into this messy situation!

Thanks

Satish

If you have the joins set right on the tables it's just a matter of selecting the right Product, State, and Region in the query and the correct Balance and rate will populate automatically. Although it seem like the table structure needs work, but i don't know which data will repeat and which will not, so i can't be sure about it. In any event this will have to be done in a query in order to gather the data from two different tables. At least in my experience, which is very limited. Someone with more EXP. will chime in soon.
    Last edited by dbshaft; 08-24-11 at 12:55.

I am working based on the EXCEL files loaded into Access. You are right the table structure is not the best deigned one. The recordsets are gotten from complex queries involving aggregate functions. I presented it as if it is simple. That is the reason I said that I got myself into this mess. I should have concentrated on designing the table structure properly. ( this work was handed over to me!!).

can any one help?

Thanks

Satish