Unanswered: Unexpected error from external database driver (1)

Good afternoon. I am attempting to import a large Excel spreadsheet (xlsx) into an empty table in Access 2010 and receive the error "Unexpected error from external database driver (1)".

The input file has approx. 415K rows with 89 columns of data. The input filesize is approx. 182MB.

If I segment the input file, I can import 350K records with no errors, but it fails while attempting to import 400K records.

I have succesfully imported the data in segments, then appended them together to create a single table in Access.

I have not been able to locate a listing of the external database driver error codes so have no clue what this is telling me.

Can someone point me to a error code listing?

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to get around this problem (segmenting works, but I would rather be able to import it directly)?

I am in the process of saving the xlsx data into a text format to see if that will work any better. The resulting CSV file is approx. 304MB in size.

Thank you in advance for any input you can provide.

Putz

Provided Answers: 14
    Do you use the built-in method TransferSpreadsheet, do you attach you database to the Excel file (Linked table) or do you use a function you wrote to tranfer the data from the worksheet into an Access table?
    Have a nice day!

Thank you for the response.

There is no code involved. The database contains only a select query and an empty table which contains the table structure. I copy the empty table structure to a new table (structure only). I am using the built in Excel import function to append the records into the empty table.

I know the data itself is good, because I can segment it and all the segments import successfully and can be appended together into a single table.

It only chokes if I try to import a segment larger than 350K Excel records. I don't know the exact record count. I was able to bring in a 350K chunk, but it fails every time when attempting a 400K segment.

Putz

Provided Answers: 14
    If I understand what you explain the data transfer process is initiated in Excel:
    I am using the built in Excel import function to append the records into the empty table
    Did you try to do it the other way, i.e. working from Access ?
    Have a nice day!

I am working from within Access.

I click the External Data tab, then click Excel. I navigate to the folder that contains the Excel data that I wish to import, and select the file. I select the 'Append a copy of the records to the table:' radio button and select the empty table I want to import the data into from the selection box, and click OK.

After 30-60 seconds, the error message pops up.

Putz

Can anyone identify what an error value of (1) is?