Question Unanswered: Highlight more than one row

Hi everyone! I am hoping to be able to highlight several rows in our database to make it easier to read and also to indicate which ones I need to look at more. When I use the highlighting tool in Access it highlights every other row. Is there anyway to turn that off and allow me to highlight only the rows that I want to highlight? Thanks!

Provided Answers: 14
    What do you call "the highlighting tool in Access"? Is it in a form or in a report? And which version of Access do you use?
    Have a nice day!

Thank you for your response!

I am using Access 2007 and it is in the report view.

The highlight tool is actually called "Fill/Back Color"

Please let me know if you need any additional details.

Have a nice day!

Use the Conditional Formating feature: Right-click on the control (TextBox), then in the context menu that pops up, select Conditional Formating.
    Have a nice day!

Thanks! I just tried with conditional formatting but it didn't work for me. I was wondering how can I change the background color in the table view though for the rows I select? I try to change the background color but it does it for each alternating row.

Thanks again for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Terp123 View Post
    I try to change the background color but it does it for each alternating row.
    Not necessarily! You can specify one or several conditional formats that are applied according to a set of rules (conditions) you define: the value in a control meets certain conditions ("[Amount] > 100"), an expression yield a certain result ("[Amount] <> 0 And [Zip Code] Is Not Null"), etc.
    Have a nice day!