Post Unanswered: Restoration of the target database

Hi All,
    I am working on db2 V8.2 fp 12 on AIX platform.
    Having a sql replication setup for my production database (both source and target database having SMS tablespaces only).

We are planning to split target database into three file systems.
    I can be done using restore redirect.
    But 1 question is in my mind i.e. do we need to reconfigure the replication for the tables or it gets restored by the restore utility.

If any one having the document regarding the same, pls share..

Harsh Verma

If you are taking a backup of the database and restoring it to the same location (ie, host, port etc), I do not see a reason to reconfigure replication. The target tables and control tables (subscription, subs_set etc) if defined in the target db will be restored automatically.

If capture is involved too, some extra steps may be needed to reset the capture control tables for the new log files. [ Cant recall steps ]. Do you have capture on this db?
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Provided Answers: 11
    I agree with previous entry :
    the sql replication only handles table names and has nothing todo with tablespaces-containers and physical paths
    as long as tables/hostnames/schemas do not get renamed, there is no problem of restoring the db into different paths..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified

Thumbs up

Thanks for prompt response...

I am having capture on another server...this is just having target db..
    So, according to you..there is nothing to worry..I can go ahead with the activity