Unanswered: Inputing Scanned documents into Access

Hello all, I am looking to scan customers order forms and into our access database.

I am aware that this might need to be done in 2 stages (ie they can be scanned straight in?)

Is there any software that can do this automatically (that I can ideally trial before buying).

Any help much appreciated.

Where do you want these scanned order forms to appear in your database?

You're best bet IMO (although I'm no expert on scanning) is to scan them into a folder, and have a record field in your table called something like [Order Form].

Then link the image to that record.

Doing that would allow you to populate reports etc with the order form image on it.

As for automation... What are you trying to achieve? Access can physically store the images within its database file... But I personally wouldn't do this as the size of your database will increase considerably... You probably want to hold a link to the image (i.e. it's path, something like "\\gateway\server-n4\order-process\order-forms\io414523.png")
    Last edited by kez1304; 09-01-11 at 08:11.
    Looking for the perfect beer...

hi thanks for the prompt reply!

my apologies in my waffle I managed to not mention that I want them to come into the database in text format rather than an image.

Sounds like your looking for some kind of OCR (optical character recognition) software...

Never considered getting any myself, so can't really advise...

I'd try google and search for 'free ocr software' and see what you can find.
    Looking for the perfect beer...