Unanswered: Pervasive 10 to 11 server upgrade

We are fixing to upgrade our Pervasive 10 Server to 11. It says in the instructions we recieved from our software vendor that 11 can install right on top of 10. Is there anything someone could suggest that we could do to save our current setup so we could be back up and running on 10 real quick if we have issues with 11. We do have a backup , but i thought if there was a quick way of making quick backups of folders(s) etc that could be renamed and we would be right back in business without having to go with the restore from a backup. We don't have alot of experience with pervasive, but we have manged to handle all previous upgraded etc ... without any problems. But i always like to have a quick restore option if one is doable. Thanks

Provided Answers: 4
    There really isn't a simple way of doing a quick restore. You can export the Pervasive registry key to save your settings. I wouldn't suggest backing up the program DLLs / EXEs. The v10 and v11 installers use MSI and copying files around might cause Windows Installer issues.
    As far as data files, the only thing you might have to do is backup your DBNAMES.CFG and and ODBC DSN configurations you might have. Your data files will not be touched by the PSQL install.
    Pervasive had some issues with the v8 installer but v9 and later installs are really pretty good. If your vendor is recommending the upgrade, they've probably already tested the application and it should work fine.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

11 upgrade

Thanks for the reply. I'll agree with you that our vendor wouldn't push into an upgrade that might possibly cause problems. I am going to trust the install will do fine. Thanks so much

Upgrade Success

Upgrade went smooth and all is running well . Just thought i would pass along our experience. If you currently run Server 10 and are running a 64 bit OS on your server i would highly recommend upgrading to Version 11. We have seen a huge increase in the speed of our Application that runs off of Pervasive. To be honest we didn't think we would see this much of a difference, but it has been huge.

Provided Answers: 4
    Glad the upgrade went smooth. DId you upgrade to the 64 bit version of PSQL? There was a lot of work that went into PSQL v11 to increase performance.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

64 bit Verson 11

Correct , we did go with the 64 bit version of PSQL 11.

We are running 32 bit clients ( Ver. 11 ) on all machines . All client machines are Winxp Pro