Unanswered: I wonder: should I worry?

1st quarter of 2012 my client is going to upgrade from 9.5 to 9.7. We are planning to make a backup of the 'old' server and restore that on the 'new' server. The biggest table is partitioned and once a year I run a script to create a new tablespace and add some partitions to that table for another year to come.

So, in december 2012 (I hope to see that day ) I will have one table in my database with partitions hosted by 'old fashioned' tablespaces and other partitions in 'v9.7 native' tablespaces.

Does not sound good, should I worry?

Provided Answers: 11
    what is meant by 'old fashioned' or native : regular / large ?
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

No. Old fashioned is a tablespace created in db2 version prior to v9.7.
    I call a tablespace native 9.7 when it is created in v9.7 and has the reclaimable storage attribute

IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Information Center

N.B. still looking for a way to convert our tablespaces as "post-restore" activity.

The Solution is in the linked Article:

For table spaces created in an earlier version, you must first replace the table space with a new one created using DB2 V9.7. You can either unload and reload the data or move the data with an online table move operation using the SYSPROC.ADMIN_MOVE_TABLE procedure. Such a migration is not required, however. Table spaces for which reclaimable storage is enabled can coexist in the same database as table spaces without reclaimable storage.