Thread: Pid

Unanswered: Pid

hi

in the diag file we can each entry has PID

incase the all the application is forced off and new connection comes in does the PID changes not sure not tried yet.

Regarding
    SQL1224N error, one of the feature of this error is when ur shared memory is reached the limit db2 internally force off the connection (in which the user gets SQL1224N error) and it does not put any error in diag file and continues working as normal and taking new connection, it that possible.

regds
    Paul

I dont remember to have observed. My response is theoretical

in the diag file we can each entry has PID

incase the all the application is forced off and new connection comes in does the PID changes not sure not tried yet.
    assuming unix,
    In pre-9.5, it depends on which db2agent from the agent pool is used.

in 9.5 and above, PID will change only if the instance is restarted. tid will change depending on which agent is used.

use the commands

db2pd -edus
    db2pd -agents

to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew_paul View Post
    Regarding
    SQL1224N error, one of the feature of this error is when ur shared memory is reached the limit db2 internally force off the connection (in which the user gets SQL1224N error) and it does not put any error in diag file and continues working as normal and taking new connection, it that possible.

regds
    Paul
    have you tried diaglevel 4?
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Logically..if a connection is completely forced off then a new connection should come with a new Pid.

Thanks
    Naval K

Naval, If there is an avaialble agent in the pool, why will you get a new pid (and hence a new agent being created)? Cant the same agent be used? Can you pl clarify

Thanks
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

When a connection is forced completely means, related connection pool agent is also released. And if agent is also released means a new pid would be allocated to a new connection. Let me know if my understand is not correct.

Thanks
    Naval K

-bash-3.2$ db2pd -edus | grep -i agent
    20 47827891775808 8570 db2agent (idle) 0 0.030000 0.040000

-bash-3.2$ db2 connect to pd1
    Database Connection Information
    Database server = DB2/LINUXX8664 9.7.4
    SQL authorization ID = PI1
    Local database alias = PD1

20 47827891775808 8570 db2agent (PD1) 0 0.030000 0.040000

-bash-3.2$ db2 force application all
    DB20000I The FORCE APPLICATION command completed successfully.
    DB21024I This command is asynchronous and may not be effective immediately.

41 47827803695424 8610 db2agent (instance) 0 0.000000 0.000000
    20 47827891775808 8570 db2agent (idle) 0 0.030000 0.040000
    In 9.7, after forcing the applications the db2agent (edu id 20) goes back to the idle pool as above. The second column is the thread-id

I would expect similar behavious in pre-9.5 also.

thks for the reply satya & naval
    no i have not tried with diag 4,

1) Is is possible coz of shmmax hit db2 can internally force all connection and do a db2start by its own and not putting any info in diag file ?

2) few days back i was getting error continously about crash recovery there was no db2stop or start, again and again it was going into crash recovery this could be reason behind the internal restart of db2 by its own coz of memory issue, i do accept the fact the db is having a memory issue. pls suggest

regds
    paul

regds
    paul

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew_paul View Post
    thks for the reply satya & naval
    no i have not tried with diag 4,

1) Is is possible coz of shmmax hit db2 can internally force all connection and do a db2start by its own and not putting any info in diag file ?

2) few days back i was getting error continously about crash recovery there was no db2stop or start, again and again it was going into crash recovery this could be reason behind the internal restart of db2 by its own coz of memory issue, i do accept the fact the db is having a memory issue. pls suggest

regds
    paul

regds
    paul
    Lets get down to the basics. What is the problem you are facing?

Anyway, let me answer you questions :
    1) unlikely.
    2) some application is trying to reconnect to the db repeatedly. Your crash recovery is failing every time, stopping and starting again on the next connection try.