Question Unanswered: School Database form/subform problem

I modified the School Database template that came with MS Access 2010.
    I added a page to the Student details that allows the student to see all of the dance classes they are enrolled in, as well as to add/remove classes they're in.

The director of the school asked to be able to handle the class lists directly, being able to add/remove students from classes on one form.

I created a form/subform that filters each class. I based the form on the table that lists classes, and the subform on the class enrollment table.

The class enrollment table is very simple, just a StudentID and a ClassID.
    The studentID is a lookup from a query that combines the student first and last name.

The form/subform displays correctly. I can highlight and delete any record.
    The problem arises when I try to add a student to a class. The drop-down box displays the name as "Last Name, First Name" instead of the concatenated name. If I sign the student up in the wrong format, the class doesn't show up on the student detail page and the format is inconsistent with the rest of the database.

I'm not a proficient programmer, but I will keep at it 'til it works. Thank you for any help,

Howard Kilik

Provided Answers: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by hkilik View Post
    The drop-down box displays the name as "Last Name, First Name" instead of the concatenated name
    What's in the RowSource property of the ComboBox and what are its column definition properties (ColumnCount, ColumnWidths, BoundColumn)?

Quote Originally Posted by hkilik View Post
    If I sign the student up in the wrong format, the class doesn't show up on the student detail page and the format is inconsistent with the rest of the database.
    I'm not sure to understand; can you elaborate?
    Have a nice day!

you got it!

By setting the bound column to 2, all of the records displayed as Last Name, First Name and then it became effortless to add a record.

I'm sure that's what you're asking about, and I'm not sure why it worked, but there it is.

Thank you,

Howard
    Last edited by hkilik; 09-08-11 at 20:43. Reason: error in typing

Provided Answers: 14
    You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!