Unanswered: How do I override access rights to database?

Hi

I have been asked to edit/update a database that was carried out by someone else, who I am unable to reach at the moment. The database was split and just the front end delivered.

I have access to the back end (the other part of the database), but when I try to edit these tables, I am told that I cannot make changes to the table.

I have gone into Acces Options and ticked various things; I also held down the 'shift' key when I opened the database, so have access to the forms and tables.
    Also, I cannot get the forms to display in 'Design' mode.

Is there a way I can re-enable all these restrictions?
    Last edited by Natasha007; 09-08-11 at 13:06. Reason: Want to change the title to reflect query more accurately

Is the back end on a network? If anyone else has the database open, you cannot make changes. Possible reason #2 is that the back end is corrupted.

Why would you want to put it back together?

Provided Answers: 14
    Yes: you can re-import all the tables from the back-end into the front-end, after having made a backup of both b-e and f-e.
    Have a nice day!

s it possible to 'glue' back a database that has been split

Quote Originally Posted by LisaChow View Post
    Is the back end on a network? If anyone else has the database open, you cannot make changes. Possible reason #2 is that the back end is corrupted.

Why would you want to put it back together?

Hi LisaChow

I wanted to work on the forms and the tables. I have resolved the issue now as the original developer has given me access to the full database.

@Sinddho - thank you, that answers what would have been my next question as I can see everything in the backend but the tables are all linked.

Good to know I can reimport. Thank you for your help.