Thread: Error log

Question Unanswered: Error log

Hi...

I'm trying to get the error log from any kind of schema. I wonder if I could get it by using a query like:

SELECT * FROM SCHEMA.LOGTABLE

What I need to do is catch various kind of errors and warning in excecutions in the whole database.

Regards

Provided Answers: 11
    the same entry twice -->> the same answer twice
    I hope you also finished the db2 training - it should be a mandatory prereq before coming to a forum to understand at least what you are doing.
    all messages are in diag.log or in db2dump directory - there are no sysibmadm views for this - you can extract complete messages from diaglog with db2diag tool
    db2diag - db2diag logs analysis tool
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

and you are using db2 what?

PD_GET_DIAG_HIST table function

The table function returns log records, event records and notification records from a given facility.

PDLOGMSGS_LAST24HOURS administrative view and PD_GET_LOG_MSGS table function
    This administrative view and table function return problem determination log messages that were logged in the DB2 notification log. The information is intended for use by database and system administrators.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thumbs up Thanks

Hi sathyaram_s.

I'm using DB2 LUW V9.7 and I'm using data studio, the answer you give me is close to what i'm looking for. I mean I wanna get the log from a 'x' table, get when sombody insert a new row, update, delete, you know stuffs like that also if I try to make anything like before but is was unsuccesful.

Thanks a lot for your support

Sorry. I have lost the plot here. What sort of messages do you want to see?
    Related to database errors or application errors ?

few example will make it easier to understand.

---
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Example

First of all thank a lot for your time.

Well lets say I've just insert a new row to Table1. I wanna get the acction (insert), the sqlcode and time where it happens. Also if was a bad excecution I mean if try to insert a character in an integer field.

Thanks.

Regards.

Then we are not talking about the same thing

You have created another thread for this issue. You follow up on that. This thread's subject is misleading