Thread: error 951

Unanswered: error 951

Please help!!!!

I have read all the error 951 threads (I think so anyway). But all of the previous thread refers to external authentication.

I have a local account, residing on the same server as the Informix database.
    I was able to access the database fine before setting up web datablade and Apache.

After setting up web datablade and apache on the same server. I can no longer access the database even with dbaccess. I had SA removed and added the account but still no database access.

Please help!!!

104 views but no response? no one encountered this problem?

Also getting error 951

Hi - I've got exactly the same problem after upgrading from IDS 10.00 to 11.70 on AIX 6.1. I cannot connect via TCP/IP as the root user as I get error 951. I can connect ok using shared memory and streams, but not TCP/IP. We upgraded to 11.70 over the weekend and nothing has changed on the users/passwords side of things. I can connect via any other user (including Informix). Very frustrating !! Anyone any ideas ?

Smile Error 951 fixed

I have been advised by Informix Support to check (amongst other files) the .rhosts file in the root directory and to make sure that an entry exists for the current server name. No entry for the current server name was listed in the file, so I added one and now I can connect finally connect to TCP/IP as the root user. Hope this helps

Thanks for your feedback. My situation is that i can't even connect locally, which is using os authentication. My apache, informix and web datablade are all on the same server.

Same Server

Yes - my Informix and OS (AIX 6.1) are also on the same server. IDS 10.00 didn't need the server name in the rhosts file, but IDS 11.70 does. Strange ...

Informix 11 requires .rhosts file on a user's home directory?

what should be included in the .rhosts file?

<server ip> <account ID> ?

thank you, bondsfis.

you're right. I had to put in the FQDN and id in the .rhosts file
    it is working now.