Unanswered: Is it possible to return name of an employee only once if they have done several jobs

I would be most grateful for any urgent assistance please. I have two tables. One called tblEmployee which has the following fields:

EmployeeID
    FirstName
    Surname
    Mobile

I then have another table called tblBookings which among other fields has the following fields:

BookingID
    EmployeeID
    DateOfJob

On this database we have over 100 employees who have not done any jobs for us and I want to create a query give me a list of all those Employees who have not done any jobs for us (which means the date of job is blank or null).

And I am not just able to retrive this information. When i join the two tables in a query using the Select Query Wizard, it just gives me a list of all employees who have done jobs for us and it shows their names several times because they have done several jobs for us. I want to see their names once and only those names that have not done any job for us.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. My boss has given me a deadline until tomorrow and I am just not able to do this.
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help

Provided Answers: 59
    dunno what version of access you are using but there is usually a wizard that will do what you want. IIRC its called the unmatched query wizard
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I am using access 2002, by the way this is the same issue as my previous thread.
    Emi-UK
    Love begets Love, Help Begets Help

Provided Answers: 14
    Using the Find Unmatched Query Wizard you would end up with:
    Code:
    SELECT tblEmployee.EmployeeID, tblEmployee.FirstName, tblEmployee.Surname, tblEmployee.Mobile
    FROM tblEmployee LEFT JOIN tblBookings ON tblEmployee.EmployeeID = tblBookings.EmployeeID
    WHERE (((tblBookings.EmployeeID) Is Null));
    By the way, this is not what you were asking in your previous thread, quite the contrary actually:
    Quote Originally Posted by Emal View Post
    ... so that the Query gives us a list of all those employees that actually done jobs on certain dates.
    while now you're asking for:
    Quote Originally Posted by Emal View Post
    ... I want to create a query give me a list of all those Employees who have not done any jobs for us
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 59
    so have you tried the unmatched query wizard?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton