Question Album Art and MP3 Files Question

Anyone know how to fix a condition where Windows Media Player overrides the album art that I have embedded into an MP3 file with a MP3 tag editor, and I also changed existing tags to <none>? The file is one I recorded.

I moved the file to a different folder to do the tag editing. Now if I play it in a folder other that the original folder, the album art is correct. When I copy the file to the original folder and play it, wmp gives it some other album art, and each time I play it, it is the same wrong image. The folder with the mp3 files has no other file types, only mp3.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by JerryDal; 09-12-11 at 03:16. Reason: spelling

After checking my mp3 folder again, I see lots of Album Art files. Two of them contained the "wrong image" I was seeing when I played an mp3 file.

I erased all the Album Art files but still see the wrong image when the file is played in that folder. This is part of an Excel music application I have been working on, so I would rather get a fix on this if I can and not just move everything to new different folders.
    Jerry

Those album art files showed up again and must have been generated after using wmp, so I erased them a second time. Now I am getting a different wrong image with wmp. I looked at the mp3 file properties and there is nothing that I can see that I should remove to fix this problem.
    I opened the mp3 several times in VLC media player and got the correct album art image.

The code below seems to be my solution to Windows Media Player overriding the embedded Album Art in mp3 files played through my Excel music application.
    I remove the System and Hidden file attributes before deleting the jpg files.
    The complete mp3 file path is assigned to the variable mp3Folder.

Code:
    Shell ("attrib.exe -S -H " & Chr(34) & mp3Folder & "*.jpg" & Chr(34))
    retval = Dir(mp3Folder & "*.jpg")
    If retval <> "" Then Kill (mp3Folder & "*.jpg")
    With these image files erased, the images that I have embedded into mp3 files are displayed, and not images chosen by wmp.

And finally, I opened WMP, went to Options and under Privacy, I clicked the Clear buttons and unchecked all the all the options so that wmp will not store files on my computer. This step really helped.

For now [RESOLVED]
    Last edited by JerryDal; 09-19-11 at 04:38. Reason: added the final step