Unanswered: Brilliant Database Import Speeds

Ok, it's good to see others who use the program on here, sweet! Now, I've got a db being built out where my import speeds drop DRASTICALLY after x number of records. Has anyone figured out the best way to optimize for speeds with this program? My records start importing at 10 records/sec, then after 200 records, it drops down to 8/sec, and then after 500 records, down to 2/second.

I can't affect the cache usage or whether it's multithreaded, so i'm sort of stuck with what it can provide. On a 8gb dev laptop it's taking me 15 minutes to import 5k url's from a text file. 15 minutes...
    Last edited by jeeplaw; 09-14-11 at 17:04.

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeplaw View Post
    Ok, it's good to see others who use the program on here, sweet! Now, I've got a db being built out where my import speeds drop DRASTICALLY after x number of records. Has anyone figured out the best way to optimize for speeds with this program? My records start importing at 10 records/sec, then after 200 records, it drops down to 8/sec, and then after 500 records, down to 2/second.

I can't affect the cache usage or whether it's multithreaded, so i'm sort of stuck with what it can provide. On a 8gb dev laptop it's taking me 15 minutes to import 5k url's from a text file. 15 minutes...
    don't hold your breath on that one. there are precious few people on here who have even heard of Brilliant DB, let alone used it, let alone be in a position to offer help
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton