Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello,
    Joining this forum because I am going back to school for IT. I am currently taking a lot of my basic classes but I want to get a head start on what I am going to be learning. I am sure I am going to have a lot of questions so I want to say thanks in advance for all your wisdom and expertise.

Thanks,
    Natasha.

Welcome to DBForums!

Just FYI, the denizens of DBForums frown on people that just throw homework up and ask us to do it for them. We are happy to help with specific questions, and will usually help with the "I'm lost, where do I start" kind of question (especially after we get to know you and are comfortable that you aren't trying to get us to do the job for you).

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Seeing as I am still working on my transfer degree I don't think there is much I can really post on here homework wise, unless you guys want to help with my technical writing, statistics and other random rubbish classes they are asking me to take... I just want to be apart of what I am getting myself into. For the most part I will most likely just be reading posts, because they always seem to have the answers I am looking for (why post a question twice?)

So I am sorry, I didn't mean to give off that impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    Seeing as I am still working on my transfer degree I don't think there is much I can really post on here homework wise, unless you guys want to help with my technical writing, statistics and other random rubbish classes they are asking me to take... I just want to be apart of what I am getting myself into. For the most part I will most likely just be reading posts, because they always seem to have the answers I am looking for (why post a question twice?)

no need to be sorry, I suspect Pat P was 'just marking your cards' we get quite a few people posting their homework here and demanding answers right here right now.

I think all he is saying is no problem, and no problem being a learner but we don't do homework, we probably will help if theres a problem that needs resolving but wont' do the lot from scratch.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Oh great heavenly days, that is not the impression that I got from your original post! I must be getting touchy from all of the "creative writing" that I see from folks trying to get us to do their homework...

You seem to have been up front about who/what you are, and I appreciate that. Thanks!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Oh Few,
    I woke up this morning and thought, "hmm I obviously made a poor impression." But after browsing through some of the posts, I think I can see for myself the difference between people legitimately asking for help and someone trying to get an easy A. I can understand the concern and I'll try hard to earn my own grade, I promise!

Now about my statistics homework...

Now about my statistics homework...
    Come on, spit it out!

This one already sounds like fun to me!

-PatP

Hi, friends How r U?
    Hotels In Dubai