Unanswered: Crazy Access Question Regarding Programs Reverting

Okay, I am totally out of options, and my IT department doesn't know what's going on either.

I have built serveral databases, and maintain databases. Recently, I've noticed that when I build something new on my forms and save it, when I come in the next day, all the work that I did is gone.

I thought perhaps I'm just not saving things properly, but I checked and had someone watch me save my work and I'm doing is correctly. Either way, it doesn't matter because the next day, all the work I had done the previous day is gone.

I now have to maintain this database someone else created, and he is no longer with the company. It's giving me this error of 3031 which means something is wrong with the password. I'm still researching on how to fix that. So I removed the password from the backend database which was givign the error.

First, I copied the database to my C drive. I made the changes, then pasted the new version on top of the old version. The database worked all day just fine.

I come in the next morning, and all the changes I made. Gone.

I thought maybe it's something with how I made the changes on my C drive. So instead of making the changes on my C drive. I went directly into the database on the network's R drive, and made the changes. No one can be in the database or submit information to it because the code is corrupt. So I was safe to make the changes.

I made my changes on the R drive, I saved the changes on the R drive. I came in the next day, all my changes, gone.

I checked with my other developer, and we looked to see if there are any backend databases that would be changing this database back to it's original version and there is literally nothing out there on our network that would be doing that. We checked all of our VB scripts that do the over night updates and this database isn't even in the list of updates for that code.

I don't get it.

It's not just this computer I'm at either, it happens at other desks too that I log into.

Has anyone ever experienced this happening to them with Access? Where their work just gets magically undone?

Today, I went to another developer's desk and was logged in under their ID and made my changes again. So we will see tomorrow if it changes back. If it changes back then we know it's not just me. If it stays the same, then we know it's me.

Provided Answers: 59
    I make no apolgies for being a bitter twisted warped cycnic

it could be your network trolls playing silly beggars
    So I'd be tempted to open the DB
    make some changes, then save it then save it to somewhere else
    reopen the original copy and see if the changes are there (if not then your problem is in the save process.. just wondering if there is some network policy thats prohibiting you writing to that file
    if the changes aren't present then open the file you saved somewhere else and make certain your changes are in the new copy. if you cannot find th echanegs then there is somethign soemwhere prohibiting you from writign changes in Access. its a new one on me.

if changes are present on the network drive, but not tomorrow then there is a process somewhere under the control of the network trolls that is doing something to the file. So go troll hunting, and threaten the (*&^(*)&^ until they undo what they have doen.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Nah, you don't have to make any apologies.

It's just such a bizarre situation, and I can't pinpoint the issue, and neither can my IT people.

I went to another person's computer, logged in as them, and made the changes I needed to. The changes actually stuck! But when I do anything, logged in as my profile the changes get undone. Which is really unfortunate because my company needs me to be able to build databases and I'm kind of useless if I can't build anything due to a buggy LAN ID/profile.

I appreciate your insight. Hopefully something will be able to happen that will fix it all so I don't have to keep retracing all my steps and saving my databases in seven different places, and going to other people's computers to save changes there too.

Provided Answers: 59
    get your network trolls to check your profile make certain it has similar permissions t the ex employee.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton