Unanswered: Task Center empty

8.2 Win 2000 Server

Hey all

I'm trying to give some users access to the Task Center on the server. We're using Active Directory and they are all in a group together.

When they log inot the server (remote desktop) and open the task center it opens with 0 items displayed.

I added their group as the SYSMAINT group for all instances and they still can't see any tasks.
    I've not really used Task Center much so I'm not very familiar with it (been using AIX/Cron for years).. any ideas?

Provided Answers: 11
    are there more than 1 instance on this machine - this is mostly related that task center is started from a specific instance..
    why not installing clients on the client machines and accessing taskcenter through admin server ?
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy View Post
    are there more than 1 instance on this machine - this is mostly related that task center is started from a specific instance..
    why not installing clients on the client machines and accessing taskcenter through admin server ?
    Yes there's several instances on the server. Most of the users (db2 users) can log in and see all the tasks... but the guys in this group for some reason can't... if they are the sysmaint on all the instances why would the Task Center start instance matter for them?

We could look at using the client for all these guys but there are a lot of them and it's a hot desk environment etc. so remote destop is the preference...

check admin cfg..
    check default instance - because all db or not known in all instances..
    start db2tc from start or shortcut in start from default instance....
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

Is the default instance dependant on the login profile for Windows?

there is an environment setting db2instance that indicates the default instance

Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy View Post
    there is an environment setting db2instance that indicates the default instance
    Yup I know this but I'm wondering if it's getting reset somehow for this group of users by some kinf of login profile... users is my group can all see the tasks no problem...

OK I'm really starting to hate AD and Win security :/

Soooo I got the network admins to make a new group will all these users in it. I made that group the SYSMAIN_GROUP.

No dice.

I made a local Group of the same name and made the AD group a member of it.

Now I am able to explicitly add this local group to security of an indivdual task... and the users can see the task in their Task Center...
    So it's a security issue for sure, but manually giving the group READ and RUN on every task is not the solution I need.

My user/group does not need this explicit per task permission... so what the difference here? :/

Any ideas?