New Delhi - India

Unanswered: Storing NULL Character in SQLite

I am trying to store a value containing NULL character and escape sequences in a char column in SQLite. How can store and retrieve it correclty.
    I have the below insert query:

snprintf(SqlStr,size, "INSERT INTO %s (AttrName, AttrEnum, AttrType, AttrValue, eadWrite, Entity_id) VALUES('%s', %d, %d, '%s', %d, %d);", tbl_name, db[i]>attr_name, db[i]->attr_num, db[i]->attr_type, db[i]->attr_value, db[i]->atr_src, entity_id);

attr_value contains "AB34\04FE".

It may contain other escape sequence at any index. How can I handle it using SQLite C library.

Manik Sidana

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    There is no ASCII NUL value in the string that you posted, so I'm not sure what is the problem.

SQL-Lite can be complied a number of different ways, some of which are tolerant of NUL values and some of which very decidedly aren't tolerant of NUL values. If I was not sure that every SQL-Lite implementation that your application can/will use is tolerant of NUL values, then I would modify your code to backslash quote every suspect string for storage and dequote them on retrieval.

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.