Red face Unanswered: LDAP , ISeries DB2

Hi ,

We are currently maintaining our username and password management using LDAP. Now we need to convert this username and password functionality into the DB2 for iseries database [ i believe we will have to create uesr tables etc, this is what i think ] . I have no idea of how to go around. Any help and I am extremely grateful to you. Thanks in anticipation.

It is not very clear what you want to achieve. When you say users and password, where are these usernames used ? Are they for the application or accessing the database direct ?
    For clarity, Application users is similar to dbforums username ajh and your password.
    whereas db users is a username that is used to read/write to tables in the database.

--
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

LDAP and DB2 For Iseries

We use the LDAP for maintaining Users, Groups.
    Actually when the user logs in to the application the authentication takes place on the LDAP. While logging in to the application the authentication takes place on the LDAP, if it is successfull username and pwd on the LDAP application opens up. We work on the application and for example save some data then the data is saved in the database.Now we want to get rid of this user authentication from the LDAP and transform it into database tables. For Eg : When the user will log in to the application the authentication will take place on the database level. I assume there will be a user table , Roles table etc.. Where is it that I should start . please help. Kindly let me know for any more details required.

Red face LDAP , ISeries DB2

Experts Kindly guide please .

Provided Answers: 11
    in devworks there are some samples how to define security plugin to have db2 doing the authentication
    look at
    DB2 Security, Part 11: Develop a security plug-in for DB2 database authentication
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Red face User Authentication Logical Model DB2

Hi,

I am supposed to design a logical model of user authentication in the database.
    By that I mean which all different tables to be used. Columns in the tables.
    Relations in the tables.
    Our application actually consists of an organization , departments, users, permissions / groups. Please guide any model or share link where i can find some help please . Im sorry to say that i have less time . Its the first time im actually designing a database. Kindly help. I just need to prepare an ERD of different tables to be involved and relations in those tables PK, FK, and attributes of those tables. Any link or sample designs if u cud share wud also be very helpful.
    Thanks

I have merged the two threads as I feel that your new thread is related to the previous one.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Red face User Authentication Logical Mode

Hi Im attaching a logical model. Experts please take a look an guide for changes or to include more details. This is basically a user authentication logical model ERD
    Eagerly awaiting your reply. I am unable to attach a file if i can share the file it willl be easier... please tell me how to attach a word file .
    Thanks
    Organization

OrgId PK
    LocId FK Location
    ClientId FK Clients
    Org Desc
    Org Location
    Create Date
    Last Updated By
    LocId PK
    Loc Desc
    Address