I want to understand all critical cases of my HADR System. So now lets imagine:
My primary database gets corrupted and the standby Database as well. Now I want to restore the primary database and the Standby Database...
I imagine to run the following steps:
1) Stopping HADR on Primary and Standby
2) Deactivating Primary and standby DB
3) Restoring Primary Side and making a new Offline Backup
4) Transfering the offline Backup to the standby
5) Restoing the offline Backup of the primary into the Standby
6) Starting Hadr on Standby and Standby Database
7) Starting Hadr on Primary and Primary Database
hopefully is the backup file not corrupted
You can also use online backup of primary for restore on stdby
do not forget to update db cfg : because hadr settings are from the restore from primary db
Best Regards, Guy Przytula
Database Software Consultant
Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
Information Server Datastage Certified http://www.infocura.be