Unanswered: DB2 HADR Primary database starting as Standby database

Hi,

Please help me in the below situation.

How can we start a HADR Primary database which is in quisced state as standby database??

In my case where primary database is running on Node1 and standby for that database is on Node2. When primary database fails I put the database in quiesced state and do role takeover on Node2. Now when starting the database on Node1 as standby fails.

Thanks
    Arun

When primary database fails I put the database in quiesced state
    You say primary has failed, how do you put the db in quiesced state ?

--
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Consider that the client access IP is got removed so that i have to quiesce and deactivate the db and do a role takeover at the standby side..

I don't know if QUIESCE is a logged operation (looks like it is, based on your post)

Looks like the comm between the primary and standby is in place.

Then, why not do a normal TAKEOVER ?

If your client ip is removed, then you have no transactions in progress. Even if you do, they will just fail and not cause any data issue.

AFAIK, UNQUIESCE requires a db connection and not sure how you will do in this scenario.

=
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

When primary fails, then I am doing role takeover at standby side. But after fixing the issue on actual primary, I should be able to start the database as standby.

What is the error message ?
    What is the command you use ?

===

I have issued "db2 start hadr on db db1 as standby" on the quisced database. got an error "SQL1767N" with reason code = 3.

Reason code=3 says that "START HADR AS STANDBY cannot be issued on an active database" but db is not activated.

You probably should run this command from each server to determine the HADR status on that server:

db2pd -d <database> -hadr
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390