Hello gurus,

Please help me out with this one! I am new to access and haven't been able to find anyone who can help me with this urgent fix I need to make:

I have a main table with the following fields:
Date, Procedure ID, Quantity

On a given day, I always have procedures 1,2,3,4,5 happening. So, I created a form with the following placeholders and need it to do the following:

Date: 9/21/2011 (done)
Enter Procedure 1 Qty: 40 ==> in main table, assign date =9/21/2011; procedure ID = 1; Qty = 40
Enter Procedure 2 Qty: 20 ==> in main table, assign date =9/21/2011; procedure ID = 1; Qty = 40
Enter Procedure 3 Qty: as above
Enter Procedure 4 Qty: as above
Enter Procedure 5 Qty: as above

Basically, I am trying to see if I can have some code set procedure ID = 1, quantity = 40; date = date from the form when quantity is entered in the first quantity placeholder/text box; set ID =2 when qty is entered in the second text box; etc.

or, is there a better way to design this so all i need to do is enter date and quantity and the form should be able to tell the table what the procedure ID is for each of the quantities entered??

I'm sorry if this is rudimentary or if the explanation is confusing - i really need some basic explanation on how to get this done. I have limited VBA SQL knowledge....

Thanks!!